Nested Forms provides a great way to apply grouping of form controls.
Because HTML does not allow you to nest forms so AngularJS provides support for nested forms using ng-form directive.
Nested Forms is useful for creating grouping of form controls so that their validition can be implemented separately.
Nested Forms Example
- Line 6 defines a AngularJS applicatino 'testApp' using ng-app directive.
- Line 6 defines a 'mainCtrl' AngularJS controller using ng-controller directive.
- Line 7 defines a HTML form name 'myForm' and bind submit() function to mainCtrl controller using ng-submit directive.
- Line 14 defines a nested form using ng-form directive name 'profile'.
- Line 17, 18 binds the input controls to addr1, addr2 to profile object of user.
- Line 24 defines a submit button.
- Line 30 defines a new module 'testApp' using angular.module function.
- Line 32 defines a AngularJS controller 'mainCtrl'.
- Line 34 declare a profile property of user object with two properties addr1 and addr2.
- Line 36 defines a submit button which show properties of user and profile objects in console.